Historical Monuments of N. Evia island Ancient Kerinthos [30′ away from our premises]Kerinthos was a town upon the northeastern coast of ancient Evia, and near the small river Budorus,said to have been founded by the Athenian Cothus. It is mentioned by Homer in the Catalogue of Ships in Iliad. Verses attributed to Theognis suggest the town was destroyed in the mid-6th century BC, either by the Kypselidai of Corinth or more likely by the Athenian Miltiades. If indeed it was destroyed, it must have been rebuilt because it was still extant in the time of Strabo. According to Homer Kerinthos was among the 7 Evian cities that took part in the Trojan War. In 2022 the Ministry of Culture announced the funding for an archaeological excavation. The Taurus of Oreoi [25′ away from our premises]The Taurus of Oreoi was found in August 1965, at sea, during the expansion of the harbor. It is a life-size relief depicting a bull on the attack and is made of white Pendelian marble. It is exhibited near the Archaeological Collection.The Archaeological Collection is located in Aidipsos Municipal and it includes other exhibits.In the same area there is the castle of Oreoi. It is on a hill above Oreoi which is artificial as thousands of people were carrying soil for years. Artemisio [45′ away from our premises]Artemisio is a village located on the northern tip of Evia. Cape Artemision is famous for the naval battle between the Greeks and the Persian in 480 BC. The cave of Sylla [15′ away from our premises]The cave is located behind the EOT hydrotherapy facilities in Edipsos. The cave of Syllas is a small domed building that has been covered by the sediment of the sulphur waters of the springs and so it gives the impression of a cave. Βαλανείο Λουτρών Αιδηψού [15′ away from our premises]In Edipsos, on the croosroads Omirou and Megalou Alexandrou was discovered a quite big public bath construction which dates back to the 3rd century BC. Drosini's Tower [35′ away from our premises]Drosini Tower in Gouves is located in the middle of the village. It was built in 1810 by Ibrahim Aga. In 1831 the Turks sold all their property to Greek Baptist Drossos and Alexander Desyla. In 1833 it was sold to Konstantinos Petrokokkinos, Georgiou Drosini’s grandfather (1859-1852). The poet spent some formative summers between 1876 and 1882 in the tower as his work suggests. Ibrahim Aga was a drunkard and very tough and this is why there are rumors that the Tower is haunted.Since 1977 it has been preserved and in 2015 it was renovated. Today it is a museum housing an interesting folklore collection. The Castle of Kleisoura A secret castle. [40′ away from our premises]The castle was one of the strongest fortifications of the island during the Middle Ages. It was built by the Franks early in the 13th century. The few vestiges are covered by plantation today. The approach is very difficult. The oracle of Apollo A secret Oracle.[5’away from our premises]The oracle is mentioned by Strabo. It is probably the second biggest oracle of ancient times (after the oracle in Delphi). The site has always been known to the locals. The archaeological research started officially in 2001 after a local (Mrs. Nikolaou) found two votives inscribed stele.. Medieval Tower of Rovies [3′ away from our premises]According to some sources, the tower was built by the ruler of Principality of Achaea William II Villearduin between 1255-1258. The cave of Saint Christodoulos [15′ away from our premises]Though not an official church, the small altar set in the cave of St. Christodoulos honours the saint who sought refuge and became a hermit within it during the 11th century. It is located just at the seaside town of Limni. He founded the famous Monastery in Patmos in honor of Saint John the Theologian. Due to the invasions of the Turks, he left Patmos and went to Limni, Evia. After his death the monks stole his relics and returned it to Patmos, the Isle of Revelation. The visitor can visit the cave and worship on site.