Saint David Monastery [20′ away from our premises] In 1540 Saint David founded the famous monastery on the ruins of a pre-existing church that had been destroyed by the Turks after the occupation of Evia in 1470.Soon after, the Monastery grew in popularity and in papers of 1638, it is referred as patriarchal. During the Greek Revolution in 1821 it played an important role and it was destroyed by the Turks in 1824. The new foundation occured in 1877.In the years of the late abbot, Iakovos Tsalikis (1975-1991), who left a good memory of a blessed man, the monastery experienced days of glory and growth. He became officially a saint on 27th November 2017 by the Ecumenical Patriarchate. Galataki Monastery [20′ away from our premises]Near Limni town, Saint Nicholas Galataki Monastery was built around the 7th or 8th century, above the ruins of a greek ancient temple dedicated to ancient god Poseidon. Inside the Monastery there is a defensive tower of the 16th century.It is considered the oldest Monastery in Evia island. It used to be a men’s monastery until 1946. Since then it is a women’s monastery. It has been characterised as an ancient monument since 1958. Saint Chrysovalantou Monastery [5′ away from our premises] The Monastery of Saint Irene Chrysovalantou, with the two chapels of Saint Onoufrios and Saint Iov, is located in northwestern Evia, in mountain Telethrio between Rovies and Ilia village. It is a women’s monastery, built some years ago again in the middle of a verdant landscape with a view to the North Evia Bay. Saint George Monastery [40′ away from our premises]The Monastery of Saint George is built at an altitude of 450m with a wonderful view to the northern Evoikos Gulf. It is a women’s monastery founded in 1670, but according to tradition it is older than the 13th century.It is a 15th century monastery fully rennovated with saint remains, old books and orthodox icons. By tradition Saint Ioannis Prodromos Catacombs underneath the Monastery pre-existed and it was discovered by a local shepherd after a vision he had.